What Do Electrical Engineers Do With Major In Electrical Engineering?
Electrical engineers can qualify for a job in any industry you can think of. It is for this reason that almost everyone uses electricity and electric devices, so the industries demand skilled electrical engineers for building, repairing and improving the devices.
What do electrical engineers do in different businesses is they can work in scientific research development section of some firms, in electrical component manufacturing companies, in the companies which deal with power generation, distribution and transmission. What do electrical engineers do in other firms is work in companies which manufacture navigation controls, medical equipment, architectural firms and measurement devices. Although these industries mostly engineers, they might not be the right job for everybody. Electrical engineering majors can utilize many other options. There a lot of options for students majoring in electrical engineering in the field they want.
There are many options for electrical engineers and the question is what do electrical engineers do in different roles. The following are the job titles which are a few choices for electrical engineers.
- Research engineers- what do electrical engineers do as research engineers is work in the lab, test and invent. This job needs a lot of creativity on the engineer’s part and a lot of patience too. Electrical engineers are responsible for discovering technology behind any new product.
- Design engineer- design engineers uses computer models and simulators to turn innovations such as wireless technology into tiny parts which make up a mobile phone. They will be responsible for visualizing the future look of the product and for inventing new technologies.
- Project engineer- these engineers oversee many specialist engineers throughout the development of a working prototype of a new technology. These engineers must have the ability to lead the team of engineers and a high proficiency in different disciplines.
- Test engineers- These engineers design programs to check the functioning of electronic devices and troubleshoot the devices when something goes wrong with them. These engineers test engineers keep the devices running proper.
- Systems engineers- These engineers look after the proper installation and maintenance of the power grids, phone lines and wireless networks. These engineers need keen attention to details.
- Application engineers- These engineers use the available resources and adapt the available equipment and technologies to fulfill the employer’s needs.
What do electrical engineers do need to be employed?
The law does not need electrical engineers to maintain a license, but professional certification makes the job hunting for the electrical engineers easy. What do electrical engineers do need is license if they are government and federal contractors. Most engineers follow the licensing procedures in their home states. Students can learn about the varying requirements of different states while they are enrolled in degree programs.
What do electrical engineers do to receive the licenses is pass an exam. For applying license, electrical engineers must have completed a minimum number of years on the job. New engineers fresh out of college can enter the workforce by registering for pre license certification.