Computer Hardware Engineer Salary and Importance
Computer Engineers can earn in the two main domains of computer engineering; mainly software engineering and hardware engineering. Computer hardware engineers basically design computers and software programs to make them function in computers. Computer Hardware engineers construct and develop the physical machine that is capable of storing information and running programs.
Computer hardware engineers typically do the following:
- Design new computer hardware, creating blueprints of computer equipment to be built
- Test the completed models of the computer hardware they design
- Analyze and evaluate the test results and modify the design as needed
- Change and update the existing computer equipment after required modifications so that it will work with new software
- Oversee and review the manufacturing process for computer hardware
- Make sure that the device is user friendly and reliable
- Maintain knowledge of existing computer engineering trends and new technology
- Use the existing knowledge to make innovative and inventive changes or creation of computer hardware systems
Bureau of Labor Statistics enlighten us with computer hardware engineer salary. Following are the estimated statistics:
- Computer hardware engineers earned an average of $49.99 an hour in 2012,
- Computer hardware engineers salary an average salary of $103,980 per year,
- Hardware engineers employed by software publishers earned more than those in any other industry, an average of $55.73 per hour,
- Average hourly pay by state ranged from a low of $36 in Oklahoma to a high of $55.95 in Michigan.
The average Computer Hardware Engineer salary is $106,930. Salaries start from $64,620 and go up to $154,810. It is observed that the average salary for a Computer Hardware Engineer may vary depending on several factors, like level of education, amount of experience, industry, company size and location.
|HighestThe top 10% of Computer Hardware Engineers in United States earn:||$154,810|
|SeniorThe top 25% of Computer Hardware Engineers in United States earn:||$130,060|
|ExperiencedThe middle 50% of Computer Hardware Engineers in United States earn:||$104,250|
|JuniorThe bottom 25% of Computer Hardware Engineers in United States earn:||$81,500|
|StartingThe bottom 10% of Computer Hardware Engineers in United States earn:||$64,620|
Computer Hardware Engineer Salary by State
The highest computer hardware engineering salary is paid in Wisconsin, followed by Virgina and then California with average pay rates of $120,130, $ 116,980, $115,970 respectively. The following table ranks the top five states paying highest Computer Hardware Engineer Salary as reported by Bureau of Labor Statistics:
|Computer Hardware Engineer Salary in Wisconsin||120,030||1|
|Computer Hardware Engineer Salary in Virginia||116,980||2|
|Computer Hardware Engineer Salary in California||115,970||3|
|Computer Hardware Engineer Salary in Massachusetts||114,570||4|
|Computer Hardware Engineer Salary in Washington||113,970||5|
The source, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, produces some of the United States most sensitive and important economic information, which is based on their strongest commitment to accuracy, quality and integrity.